First Holy Communion (FHC) Preparation 2019/2020
The Eucharist is the source and summit of Christian life. The faith formation catechists support parents in preparing the children to receive the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ for the first time.
Curriculum: Blessed by Dynamic Catholic
Children in grades 2 through 5 preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion must be baptized in the Catholic Church. A baptism certificate is required to register for FHC sessions unless the child was baptized at St. Timothy.
Sacramental Prep Session Calendars 2019/2020
**First Holy Communion Sunday 10:30-12:00 Faith Formation Student Calendar- click here
**First Holy Communion Monday 4:30-6:00 Faith Formation Student Calendar- click here
**2nd Grade Catholic School First Holy Communion Sunday 10:30-12:00 Student Calendar- click here
**2nd Grade Catholic School First Holy Communion Monday 4:30-6:00 Student Calendar- click here
First Communion Mass and Rehearsal Dates 2020
- Saturday, May 2nd at 11am (Rehearsal date: Tuesday, April 28, 6-7pm)
- Sunday, May 3rd at 9am (Rehearsal date: Thursday, April 30 , 6-6:45pm)
- Sunday, May 3rd at 11am (Rehearsal date: Thursday, April 30, 6:45-7:30pm)
Students attending public school
- Register and attend classes in first and second grade to receive the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist in second grade
- Attend classes weekly September 8th or 9th through April 26th or 27th (see above link to schedule)
- Days off follow Hillsborough County School calendar
- Parents attend meetings September 8th or 9th, September 15th or 16th, and January 26th or 27th during your child’s class time.
Students attending Catholic School
- Register for First Communion Preparation Sessions (FHC) before sessions start
- Attend 5 sessions to prepare for First Reconciliation and 5 sessions to prepare for First Holy Communion at registered time: Sundays 10:30-12:00 or Mondays 4:30-6
- Parents attend meetings September 15th or 16th, and January 26th or 27th during your child’s class time.
Parents of all students preparing for the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Attend First Reconciliation prayer service with your child Saturday, November 2nd at 9:45 am.
- Attend Mass weekly as a family
- Share your faith and prayer life with your child
- Help your child memorize the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, and the Act of Contrition:
I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good,
I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things.
I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.
Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us.
In his name, my God, have mercy.
Older Children Needing First Communion:
For children who are 7 years old or older who have not been baptized or baptized in a different denomination see our RCIA for children’s page.
Middle School or High School youth who have been baptized Catholic but need First Communion preparation, please contact Peggy Cloutier.
Questions? Peggy Cloutier, Director of Faith Formation firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-961-1716