First Communion 2023-2024 Information coming soon.
First Holy Communion (FHC) Preparation 2022/2023
The Eucharist is the source and summit of Christian life. The faith formation catechists support parents in preparing the children to receive the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ for the first time.
Curriculum: Blessed by Dynamic Catholic
Children in grades 2 through 5 preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion must be baptized in the Catholic Church. A baptism certificate is required to register for FHC sessions unless the child was baptized at St. Timothy.
FHC Parent Handbook 2022/2023 – Please Click Here
Sacramental Prep Session Calendars 2022/2023
Sunday FHC Public School Calendar 2022
Monday FHC Public School Calendar 2022
Sunday FHC Catholic School Calendar 2022
Monday FHC Catholic School Calendar 2022
First Communion Mass and Rehearsal Dates 2023
Saturday, May 6th at 11am (Rehearsal is Thursday, May 4th at 6pm – Main Church) OR
Saturday, May 6th at 2pm (Rehearsal is Thursday, May 4th at 7pm – Main Church)
Students attending public school
- Register and attend classes in first and second grade to receive the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist in second grade
Students attending Catholic School
- Attend Catholic School in first grade
- Register and attend Faith Formation classes at the parish in second grade to receive the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist in second grade
Parents of all students preparing for the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Attend Mass weekly as a family
- Share your faith and prayer life with your child
- Help your child memorize the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, and the Act of Contrition:
I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good,
I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things.
I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.
Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us.
In his name, my God, have mercy.
Older Children Needing First Communion:
For children who are 7 years old or older who have not been baptized, see our RCIA for children’s page.
Middle School or High School youth who have been baptized Catholic but need First Communion preparation, please contact Justin Lantz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Joseph Nieves-Serrano, Director of Faith Formation email@example.com or 813-961-1716