Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP)
St. Timothy Conference: 813-968-1077, ext 261
Mission: The vocation of the Society’s members, who are called Vincentians, is to follow Christ through service to those in need and so bear witness to His compassionate and liberating love. Vincentians strive to seek out and find those in need and the forgotten, victims of exclusion or adversity. They witness God’s love by embracing all works of charity and justice which includes any form of help that alleviates suffering or deprivation and promotes human dignity and personal integrity in all their dimensions.
The Society collaborates with other people of good will in relieving need and addressing its cause, making no distinction of creed, ethnic background, political opinions or economic status in those served, because in them Vincentians see the face of Christ. Inspired by Gospel values, Vincentians are united in an international society of charity by their prayer and reflection, mutually supportive gatherings and adherence to the Society’s Rule & Statutes. Members observe the utmost confidentiality in the provision of material and any other type of support. Vincentians serve in hope. I was hungry, I was thirsty, I was a stranger, I was naked, I was sick, and I was in prison and you cared for Me….. Matthew 25:35-36
What do we do:
- Gather monthly to pray, read the Lord’s word, reflect and share Vincentian experiences in serving the poor.
- Provide person to person contact through home visits
- Visit those in jail to listen, comfort and encourage them through song, prayer and bringing them the Holy Eucharist
- Provide financial assistance when possible – funds are paid directly to the service providers
- Provide information on additional private and government support services where appropriate
- Referrals for clothing and furniture to the SVDP Thrift Store
- Food drives to stock the SVDP Pantry
- Food Pantry open on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month
- Food baskets for needy families at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter
- Facilitate Parish Adopt-A-Family Christmas Gift Drive
- Contribute to the SVDP Poor Box
Membership: Open to all who seek to live their faith loving and committing themselves to their neighbor in need.
Meetings: 4th Monday of the month at 7pm
Point of Contact: Leave a message at (813) 968-1077 ext. 261