Baptism of Infants and Children (Up to the age of 6)
Congratulations on the birth of your child! Your child will receive new life in baptism and become a son or daughter of God! We look forward to welcoming them into our parish family and the Holy Catholic Church.
For the schedule of Baptism Classes and Baptism Dates for 2023, click here
For the schedule of Baptism Classes and Baptism Dates for 2024, click here
Please note that we do not reserve dates until the items below are completed due to high demand. Once these items are complete, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baptism Preparation Information
1. Baptism Registration Form – Click Here
2. An electronic copy of your child’s birth certificate.
3. Parents who are not registered at St. Timothy Catholic Church will either need to register or provide a letter from their parish granting permission for the baptism to be celebrated here.
4. If you plan on having a godparent, there are several requirements that need to be met. We require a godparent/sponsor form for each Catholic godparent if they are not a registered member of St. Timothy. If they are not registered, please have them fill out this godparent/sponsor form with their parish. Please note that while highly encouraged, it is not mandatory to have godparents. Click Here
Please watch this video from Fr Mike Schmitz:
This short video explains the role of a godparent. This can help you in making your decision regarding who to ask to be the godparent of your child. Once that decision has been made, please send this video to the chosen godparents as well!
Requirements of a Catholic Godparent
- at least 16 years old
- Must have received the sacraments of baptism, holy communion and confirmation in the Catholic Church
- Live a life of faith in harmony with the duty he/she is undertaking
- Not one of the parents of the child being baptized
- Maximum of two godparents (one male and one female) can be recorded in the baptism register
- If married, the godparent must be married in the Catholic Church or have had their marriage blessed by the Catholic Church.
Not a Catholic?
- One of the sponsors may be a baptized non-Catholic Christian witness of the baptism
5. We ask that parents and godparents attend a baptism preparation class. Classes meet from 10-11:30am in our family chapel and are held once a month. Dates are posted on the schedule provided above. Please RSVP if able to attend this session.
Parents and Godparents who are out of town are encouraged to attend a class at a parish in their local area
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.