Baptism of Infants and Children (Up to the age of 6)
Congratulations on the birth of your child! Your child will receive new life in baptism and become a son or daughter of God! We look forward to welcoming them into our parish family and the Holy Catholic Church.
For the schedule of Baptism Classes and Baptism Dates for 2023, click here
Requirements for Baptism:
- Newborn to 6 years old
- Parents are members of St. Timothy Catholic Church or provide a permission letter from their Pastor
- Contact Joseph Nieves-Serrano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-961-1716 to register for a parent preparation class before the birth of the child, if possible
- Parents and godparents attend one class before the baptism
- Parents and godparents who are not in the local area are encouraged to take a class at their local parish
The following paperwork must be received before a baptism date is chosen:
- “Information for the Baptism Register” form click here. This form is fillable online and electronic signatures are accepted for both parents. Email completed form to email@example.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Godparents must provide a godparent form or letter from their parish if not a member of St. Timothy
Who can be a Godparent?
Godparents are the link between the parents and the Church. Godparents help parents to bring up their children in the faith by their witness and prayers.
Requirements of a godparent:
- at least 16 years old
- Confirmed in the Catholic Church
- Live a life of faith in harmony with the duty he/she is undertaking
- Not one of the parents of the child being baptized
- One Catholic godparent is required for baptism
- Maximum of two (one male and one female) can be recorded In the baptism register
- One of the sponsors may be a baptized non-Catholic Christian witness of the baptism.
- If married, the godparent must be married in the Catholic Church or have had their marriage blessed by the Catholic Church.
Contact Joseph Nieves-Serrano at email@example.com or 813-961-1716