Baptism of Infants and Children (Up to the age of 6)
Congratulations on the birth of your child! Your child will receive new life in baptism and become a son or daughter of God! We look forward to welcoming them into our parish family and the Holy Catholic Church.
Safety Procedures for Baptisms 2020, click here – Baptisms will be scheduled on Saturdays at 10:30 only, no baptisms during masses
For the schedule of Baptism Classes and Baptism Dates for 2021, click here
Requirements for Baptism:
- Newborn to 6 years old
- Parents are members of St. Timothy Catholic Church
- Contact Peggy Cloutier at email@example.com or 813-961-1716 to register for a parent preparation class before the birth of the child, if possible
- Parents and godparents attend one class before the baptism
The following paperwork must be received before a baptism date is chosen:
- “Information for the Baptism Register” form click here. This form is fillable online and electronic signatures are accepted for both parents. Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email email@example.com a copy of the child’s birth certificate
- One godparent must provide a godparent form or letter from their parish if not a member of St. Timothy
Who can be a Godparent?
Godparents are the link between the parents and the Church. Godparents help parents to bring up their children in the faith by their witness and prayers.
Requirements of a godparent:
- at least 16 years old
- Confirmed in the Catholic Church
- Live a life of faith in harmony with the duty he/she is undertaking
- Not one of the parents of the child being baptized
- One Catholic godparent is required for baptism
- Maximum of two (one male and one female) can be recorded In the baptism register
- One of the sponsors may be a baptized non-Catholic Christian witness of the baptism.
Contact Peggy Cloutier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-961-1716